Friday, April 2, 2010

Springtime for Minimalism

After The Nose, I decided to follow the modern music trail all the way to present day. Back in college I took a class that led me to the music of Glass, Riley, Reich and Feldman. I listened occasionally, faithfully checking in with Morton Feldman's Durations on long train rides and walks.

For some reason, Glass and Feldman usually settle me or set me in a mood to chill out.

Recently I have been listening to a fantastic EMI Classics release from 2008 called Minimalism. Reich and Glass. As a primer for these artists, this album has been invaluable.

Please send me more recommendations before I dive back into Opera. I am going to make May and June my Opera months, so I will need help with that as well.

Thank you all for being engaged and helping me along with this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment