Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Beginning

I listen to a fair amount of pop music and jazz. I love music. I commute with it an hour in the morning and an hour at night...my iPod is my soundtrack daily. I listen to Pandora at work when its slow in the gallery and on my computer at home when I am working. In this way I am totally normal. My taste in music is all over the place. I love moody pop music and have been listening to Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors and TV on the Radio in heavy rotation. I do love jazz, especially Miles Davis - the whole catalog.
I have always liked Classical music, but have never pursued it.
Today during my commute I decided that I would immerse myself in it for a year. I would learn it like a language. Composers first, mostly by chronological order then maybe conductors and eventually modern composers like Glass or Cage or Feldman.

So please feel free to offer suggestions and let me know what I should listen to and what I should learn.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment